Panther Springs United Methodist Church

 

History


HISTORY HIGHLIGHTS

Panther Springs UMC is one of the oldest churches in the area. Thirty-four years before Hamblen County was organized, in 1836, a local group of people built a log cabin somewhere approximately 200 yards from Panther Springs. That cabin was appropriately named Panther Springs Methodist Church. They worshiped on that same site for 136 years, and then in 1972 the church moved to a new site on Howell Road, which is approximately one mile from the original location. Because of the churches constant growth, they once again changed locations, in April 1996 to its present location of 4555 Andrew Johnson Hwy, Morristown, Tennessee.

This year, 2011, marks the (175th Anniversary) for Panther Springs United Methodist Church!




Back to Home Page